Smoked Whole Chicken
This delicious BBQ chicken recipe all starts with a brine and a spatchcocked whole chicken. It is so easy, yet so delicious and versatile!
- 1/4 cup Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Twist'd Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning
- 1 6 pound whole chicken
- Mix together brine ingredients. Add to one gallon warm water and stir until dissolved. Allow brine to cool.
- Add chicken to brine, making sure it is fully submerged. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from brine, then rinse and pat dry.
- Spatchcock the chicken.
- Coat chicken with the garlic infused olive oil.
- Rub coated chicken with the Twist'd Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning, or your favorite dry rub.
- Smoke chicken until internal temperature of chicken breast reaches 165 degrees. This will be about 2.25 hours but watch your thermometer!
- Remove chicken from pellet grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment