Smoked olives make a great appetizer!
- 1 cup black olives such as Greek Kalamata or atalanti, drained lightly
- 1 cup green olives, drained lightly
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine - vermouth works great
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary We have also used oregano with some great success but the rosemary has a better all around taste.
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Perfect Mix Pellets
- Set pellet grill at 220 with perfect mix pellets.
- Arrange the olives in a shallow piece of heavy-duty foil molded into a small tray.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Place the olives in the smoker and cook until the olives absorb half of the liquid and take on a light but identifiable smoke flavor, 30-50 minutes. Time depends on your grill!! Taste test after about 15-20 minutes.
- The olives can be served immediately with some asiago grated cheese over them or can sit for several hours to develop the flavor further.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Be sure to save the leftover olive oil for bread dipping – mmmmmmgood!
Purchase your pellets from your local dealer, on Amazon or from our site.
If you want to be sure to always have your Cookinpellets on hand order your pellets in bulk for the best deal!
Share this Recipe
I use my smoker all the time and your pellets are
The best ever I have used all brands and found these
At ace in Brighton Colorado and I am happy I tried
I make jerky and sausage from my hunting trips
And I can’t believe how much better it tastes!
If you can eat it I will smoke it love your product!
This recipe rocks!! Have made it MANY times and people now ask for them!