Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings
Learn how to take your onion rings to the next level. These smoked bacon-wrapped onion rings are insanely delicious. Smoked on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com 100% Hickory Pellets. The smoky flavor of the pellets pairs wonderfully with the bacon, BBQ, and onions. This is the perfect appetizer for game day! These rings will also become a family favorite side dish.
- Cookinpellets 100% Hickory Pellets
- Onions of Your Choice We recommend sweet onions or yellow onions. Bigger is better
- Bacon, Sliced We recommend regular or thin cut for even cooking
- BBQ Rub Your favorite
- BBQ Sauce Your favorite
- Cut your onions into circles and remove the skin.
- After the skin is removed, separate the layers leaving two rings to form one onion ring. This is vital so you don't have a soggy onion.
- Brush your onion rings with BBQ sauce.
- Wrap the bacon around the onion rings.
- Transfer the bacon-wrapped onion rings to a cooling rack and season with BBQ rub.
- Load your hopper up with Cookinpellets.com Hickory Pellets.
- Set your smoker to 275º and put the bacon-wrapped onion rings on.
- Let the bacon-wrapped onion rings smoke for 1 hour and check to see how the bacon is cooking. (Ours took 1 hour and 15 minutes until the bacon was right.) Once the bacon is cooked the onion rings are ready for sauce.
- Sauce the bacon-wrapped onion rings and let the sauce set for 10 minutes.
- After the sauce has set, let cool for 15 minutes, eat, and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment