The Perfect Tomahawk Steak
- Tomahawk Steak 3 inches thick
- 2 tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Two Days before Grilling, rub Tomahawk Steak with Garlic Infused Olive Oil. Cover entire steak, including the bone.
- Re-wrap with butcher paper and allow to rest in refrigerator for up to 48 hours
- Fire Up Pellet Grill to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. These are the only seasonings, along with the olive oil - don't ruin the prime rib flavor with other seasonings!
- Insert digital thermometer probe and place on pellet grill
- Watch temperature carefully. Remove Tomahawk from grill once it reaches 136 degrees Farenheit
- Remove from heat. After a 5 minute rest, slice and enjoy!
Typically, we would recommend pellet grilling at a lower temperature. However, there is a large amount of high quality fat on the outer edges of the steak. Combined with the delicious olive oil that soaks into the meat, the fat and oil create a delicious crust when pellet grilled at the higher temperature. Incredible!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment