The Texas Twinkie jacks up the usual cream cheese-filled happy hour fave with marbled brisket and an unctuous armor of crispy, thick-cut bacon. Then this mutant morsel is triumphantly painted with a homemade BBQ glaze. The best part? You don’t even need a deep fryer. Just a crazy urge to make jalapeño poppers at home, because that’s your idea of fun. Now let’s get poppin’.
- 12 whole jalapenos
- 1.5 pounds marbled brisket
- 12 tbs Cream Cheese
- 12 thick cut strips of bacon
- 2 tbs coarse ground pepper
- 6 oz BBQ sweet glaze
- Perfect Mix or 100% Hickory pellets
- Slice one side of jalapeño from stem to tip. Slice across stem end to make a "T." Pit inside of jalapeño free of seeds and membranes.
- Place jalapeños on baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove jalapeños and place in bowl of ice water to extract additional seed oil (otherwise they will be extremely spicy.)
- Cover bottom of inside of each jalapeño with a tablespoon of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- On top of the cheese, pile two ounces of marbled brisket.
- Close the pepper around the stuffing and wrap with thick-cut bacon.
- Add pinch of Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Place poppers on baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes using Perfect Mix Pellets.
- Remove peppers and paint with homemade BBQ Sweet Glaze. BBQ Sweet Glaze Ingredients: 1 cup dark brown sugar 1/2 cup ketchup 1/4 cup vinegar 1/4 cup mustard Instructions: Bring glaze to a full boil, then simmer for five minutes. Let sit for an hour.
- Paint poppers, serve with cold beer, and devour.
Purchase your pellets from your local dealer, on Amazon or from our site.
Texas Twinkies recipe from: Mark Scott. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe with us, Mark!
If you want to be sure to always have your Cookinpellets on hand order your pellets in bulk for the best deal!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment