Smoked Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Smoked Pineapple Upside Down Cake is the perfect dessert! This delicious cake is smoked on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets. The smoky sweetness of the pellets adds another layer of flavor to the cake, pineapple, and Maraschino cherries to create this showstopping dessert! Everyone will love this amazing smoked cake! Smoke On!
- 1 box Pineapple or Yellow Cake Mix (follow directions and ingredients as noted on box)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Maraschino Cherries
- 1 can Drained Crushed Pineapple (keep pineapple juice and use in place of water in cake mix)
- Cookinpellets Apple Mash Pellets
- Fill the hopper of your pellet grill with Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box instructions and set aside.
- Once butter is melted, add in brown sugar and mix until well incorporated and evenly spread out in the skillet.
- Individually place cherries in the skillet, evenly placing them apart.
- Lightly place crushed pineapple around the cherries, covering the bottom of the skillet
- Spray Baking spray around the sides of the cast iron skillet.
- Gently pour in cake batter, not disturbing the pineapple and cherries.
- Place on grill for 45-60 mins. Check cake to be fully cooked before removing it from the grill.
- Place serving plate over iron skillet and lock in place and skillet is turned upside down onto the counter.
- Scrap the remaining brown sugar from the skillet and spread it on the cake in missing sections (normal occurrence.)
- Enjoy! Smoke On!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment