Smoked Brisket Queso
This Smoked Brisket Queso is insanely delicious! Smoked on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com Longhorn Blend, the smokiness of the pellets adds another layer of flavor to this delicious dip. Serve with chips and this will be the star of your next cookout. Smoke On!
- Cookinpellets Longhorn Blend Pellets
- 1 Pound Smoked Brisket chopped
- 2 Pounds Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 1 Whole Red Onion chopped
- 1 Block Cream Cheese cubed
- 2 Cans Rotel 1 can of original and 1 can of fire roasted
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped and de-seeded (leave the seeds in for a spicier queso)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Block Pepper Jack Cheese (use a block of cheese and cube or grate yourself, I do not recommend using pre-shredded cheese as it doesn't melt as well)
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- All Purpose Rub I used Tailgater's BBQ Party Rub
- Hot Sauce I used SuckleBusters Original Pepper Sauce
- Combine all ingredients into an aluminum foil pan or a Dutch oven, and season with an all-purpose rub and hot sauce.
- Fill your hopper with Cookinpellets.com Longhorn Blend pellets, and set the temp on your smoker to 350°.
- Put the pan of queso on the smoker and let smoke for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, start stirring in and incorporating all ingredients together. Repeat this every 15-20 minutes for 1 hour or until all cheese is melted and the smoked brisket queso is hot.
- After 1 hour, or the smoked brisket queso is hot and all cheese is melted, remove from the smoker and let cool for 15-20 minutes or until cool enough to eat.
- Optionally you can garnish with some jalapeno rounds, fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, and some brisket slices.
- Grab a bag of chips and try to practice some self-control of not eating the entire pan, because this queso is THAT good!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment