This simple and easy smoked applesauce recipe is great to serve for snack, breakfast, or even as a side dish. Elevate boring applesauce to the next level by smoking the apples on your pellet grill with Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets. Everyone will love this smoker recipe!
- 3-4 Pounds Apples Can use Gala, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Macintosh
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Cookinpellets Apple Mash Pellets
- Preheat the pellet grill to 450 degrees.
- Fill the hopper of your pellet grill with Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets or your favorite Cookinpellets.com Pellet
- Clean, peel, core, and cube the apples.
- Put the apples into a pot with one cup of water, lemon juice, salt, and sugar.
- Bring the apples to a simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and continue to cook for 18 mins or until apples are soft.
- Pop in the grill to smoke for extra flavor for about 10-20 mins.
- Drain the cooked apples and blend in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- Transfer applesauce into a bowl and refrigerate or serve warm.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment