Rolled Flank Steak
Rolled Flank Steak makes for a gorgeous presentation for dinner. This delicious recipe will impress your family and friends. The flank steak is filled with spinach, peppers, onions, and feta cheese then smoked on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com 100% Hickory Pellets. Smoke On!
- Cookinpellets 100% Hickory Pellets
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Spinach
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- All Purpose Seasoning of your choice
- Remove the flank steak from the packaging and trim any silver skin and fat. You can optionally trim it so it’s evenly shaped.
- Butterfly the flank steak open like a book.
- Once the flank steak is butterflied open, season with the all-purpose seasoning of your choice.
- Once the flank steak is seasoned, start evenly spreading out the filling over the flank starting with feta cheese, peppers, garlic, onion, and then spinach. Be sure to leave a 1/2” border so the filling doesn’t fall out when you roll it.
- Once the fillings have been applied, begin tightly rolling the flank steak up. It is important to evenly and tightly roll the flank steak so it cooks evenly, and the fillings are distributed evenly.
- Once the flank is rolled, secure it with butchers twine.
- Once the flank is tied with butchers twine, season the outside of the flank steak with the all-purpose rub of your choice.
- Fill the hopper on the pellet grill with Cookinpellets.com 100% Hickory Pellets.
- Set the temperature to 250º
- Let the flank steak smoke until it reaches an internal temperature of 120º internally (about 45-60 minutes).
- Once the flank steak has reached 120º internally, remove the flank steak to rest and turn your grill up as hot as it will go. For this recipe, we strived to reach 450º-500º. You can also use a cast iron pan or insert it into the grill at this point.
- Once the grill is up to searing temp, sear the flank steak on all sides until a nice crust has developed.
- After the flank has been seared, remove it from the cooker and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Once rested, slice the flank steak into medallions and serve immediately.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment