Picanha Steaks (Reverse Seared)
Reverse Searing Picanha Steaks with Cookinpellets Longhorn Blend is the ultimate pellet grilling technique for this cut of meat. Simple seasonings are all you need! It’s just that good.
- Begin by trimming any fat and silver skin off the Picanha roast.
- Slice the Picanha steaks WITH the grain, that way when you go to eat them your final cut is with the grain, giving you your most tender bite.
- After the steaks are cut, season them liberally with kosher salt or Brazilian rock salt. Then get them into the refrigerator to dry brine for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- After the steaks have dry brined, take them out of the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking and allow them to start to come up to room temp.
- Fill the hopper on your pellet grill with Cookin' Pellets Longhorn Blend Pellets.
- Set the smoker to 225º
- After the Picanha steaks reached a temperature of 120º internally, pull them off the smoker and put them into a pan to rest.
- While the Picanaha steaks are resting, turn your grill up to 400º-500º, or as hot as it will go if it won’t go that high. Allow the grill to heat for 10-15 minutes to ensure it’s hot enough to sear.
- Once the grill is up to searing temp, sear the Picanha steaks on each side for approximately 2 minutes, flip, and repeat on the other side. Continue you doing this until there’s a good crust on the Picanha steaks and/or your desired finished internal temperature is achieved.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment