Perfect Mix Brisket
The exact recipe you need to make the best brisket!
- Fill hopper with Perfect Mix and set the smoker at 225.
- Place chunks of white oak or other wood on deflector plate when using pellet smoker.
- Take untrimmed brisket and trim up to 1/4 inch of fat off the brisket. Make sure to trim all hard fat off the brisket.
- Rub brisket with salt and pepper rub. Any rub will do, but a salt-based rub works best.
- Place brisket in center of smoker.
- Smoke until brisket forms a good bark, around 185 degrees, and remove from pellet grill.
- Next, create a foil tent, adding your favorite cooking liquid at this time. Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup liquid depending on the size of the brisket (use Dr. Pepper, Craken Rum, or any other liquid you want to try).
- Seal brisket and cooking liquid tightly in the foil tent with a thermometer still inserted in the brisket. Return to pellet grill and smoke until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Remove from grill at 200 degrees, allow the brisket to rest for a few minutes, then slice across the grain and serve. Enjoy!
Purchase your pellets from your local dealer, on Amazon or from our site.
Thanks Daniel Rodriguez for the recipe!
If you want to be sure to always have your Cookinpellets on hand order your pellets in bulk for the best deal!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment