Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Crunchy water chestnuts wrapped in bacon and BBQ’d to a crunch! The carmelized BBQ sauce adds tons of flavor to make this an appetizer you’ll crave.
- 2 8 ounce cans whole water chestnuts
- 15 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- black pepper
- Preheat pellet grill to 400 degrees.
- Fill grill with desired pellets ( I used cookinpellets.com’s 100% Hickory Wood Pellets,
- Drain all liquid and moisture from water chestnuts and wrap bacon ( cut to fit) on each chestnut.
- Stick a toothpick to secure each chestnut.
- Place on greased and parchment paper lined pan with the seam of bacon facing down.
- Put in grill until bacon is crispy (depends on bacon you use).
- While cooking in grill, mix all sauce ingredients into a bowl and brush sauce right on to chestnuts.
- Put chestnuts back into grill for 3 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment