Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
If you love jalapeno poppers, you’ll love this smoker recipe even more! Bacon wrapped and smoked on the BBQ, there’s so many layers of flavor. You can always double or triple this recipe for a crowd or for leftovers.
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, or to taste
- Cookinpellets 100% Hickory Pellets
- Head Country Apple Habanero Sauce (or sweet and spicy sauce of your choice)
- Tailgaiters BBQ Party Rub (or savory rub of your choice)
- SuckleBuster's Honey BBQ Rub (or sweet rub of your choice)
- Slice jalapeños in half the long way.
- Take a spoon and scoop out the seeds and veins of the jalapeño (optional: leave seeds and veins in for more spice).
- Put the block of cream cheese in a bowl, and season with Tailgaters BBQ Party Rub to preferred taste (or savory seasoning of your choice).
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more/to taste) to the cream cheese, and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Take your jalapeño halves, and fill them with your seasoned cream cheese/cheddar cheese mixture. Only fill them up so the cream cheese sits even with the edges of your jalapeños.
- Take a piece of bacon, and wrap it around the jalapeño. As you're wrapping, pull on the bacon to elongate it. Make sure the entire jalapeño is wrapped tightly in bacon. (Optionally use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place on the jalapeño).
- Season the top of the bacon with SuckleBusters Honey BBQ Rub (or sweet rub of your choice).
- Transfer Jalapeños to a wire cooking rack for easy rotation and transport.
- Fill your hopper on your pellet grill with Cookinpellets 100% Hickory Pellets.
- Set your smoker to 250º.
- Once the smoker is to temp, put your bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers on the smoker and let them smoke for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes rotate the poppers 180º for even cooking and let them smoke for an additional 30 minutes or until bacon is done.
- Once the jalapeño poppers are done, glaze them with a coating of Apple Habanero sauce (or sweet and spicy sauce of your choice) and let the sauce set for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the sauce has been set, remove your bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers, and allow them to cool.
- After your bacon-wrapped jalapeños have cooled, eat and enjoy!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment