Apple Rose Puff Pastries
This amazing and gorgeous Apple Rose Puff Pastry is baked in the pellet grill rather than in the oven! Pellet grilling items you normally bake is easy, since a pellet grill functions as a convection oven. The slightly smoky BBQ flavor from the Apple Mash pellets complements this dish perfectly!
- 3 Gala Apples
- 2 sheets puffed pastries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- juice from1/2 lemon (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- butter (for greasing muffin tin and topping)
- Preheat pellet grill to 375 degrees F using Apple Mash Cookinpellets
- Slice apples in half from top to bottom, and remove the core and ends of the apple. Slice apples into very thin slices.
- Fill a medium-sized bowl halfway with water, and squeeze the lemon juice into the water. Place apple slices into the lemon water.
- Microwave apple slices in water for 5 minutes, until slightly tender. Drain apples into a colander.
- Place thawed puffed pastries on a floured surface. Using rolling pin, roll pastries out slightly.
- Cut each pastry into 6 equal slices.
- One at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of apricot preserves onto each slice of pastry.
- Place 7-9 apple slices along one half of the pastry slice, with peel facing out. Fold pastry in half to cover the apples.
- Starting on one end of the apple-filled pastry, roll the pastry and apples to the other side, forming an apple pastry rose.
- Place rolled pastry rose in a greased muffin tin.
- Continue the process until you have 12 apple roses. Brush the top of the apple roses with butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in pellet grill at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes,
- Remove from BBQ and ENJOY!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment