Twice Smoked Potatoes
These Twice Smoked Potatoes are flavorful and delicious. Smoked on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com Longhorn Blend Pellets, this recipe is simple to make. Serve as a side dish alongside your favorite smoked meat or serve with a side salad for a light dinner. Everyone will love this amazing smoker recipe!
- Russet Potatoes
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 2-4 Cloves Minced Fresh Garlic
- 4-6 Pieces Thick Cut Bacon Chopped
- Chives Chopped
- Kosher Salt
- olive oil
- Top the Tater Dip
- Tailgater's BBQ Party Rub
- Cookinpellets Longhorn Blend Pellets
- Rub the potatoes down with olive and season liberally with kosher salt.
- Cook and chop bacon. Chop chives and garlic. Grate the cheese.
- Set the temperature to 400º F. Fill the hopper of your pellet grill with Cookinpellets.com Longhorn Blend Pellets.
- Put the potato on the pellet grill and let cook for 1 hour. After 1 hour, check the potato for tenderness, a probe or knife should easily slide through the potato.
- Once the potato is tender, cut it in half and remove the inside of the potato into a bowl. Be sure to leave enough border on the potato so it maintains its structure.
- Once the insides of the potato are in the bowl mix in cheese, bacon, chives, and garlic, Top the Tater, and milk, and then season the mixture to taste with Party Rub. You want the mixture to be like mashed potatoes as far as consistency goes. Make sure to taste everything for proper seasoning.
- Once the mixture is fully mixed, scoop the mixture back into the potato until all the mixture is gone and the potato halves are full.
- Once the potatoes are stuffed, top with more cheese and bacon.
- Return the potatoes to the smoker with the temperature set at 250° and let smoke for 30-45 minutes or until hot throughout and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the smoker and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until cool enough to eat.
- Enjoy these amazing twice-smoked potatoes. Smoke On!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment