Smoked French Onion Soup
Are you looking for a unique take on the classic French Onion Soup? Try smoking it on your pellet grill using Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets. Serve this delicious soup as an appetizer or entree! Everyone will love this delicious soup. Smoke On!
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 Yellow Onions Large
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 32 oz Beef Broth
- 24 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Spigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Gruyere Swiss Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- French Bread Optional
- Cookinpellets Apple Mash Pellets
- Preheat the pellet grill to 325 degrees. Fill the hopper with your desired Cookinpellets.com Pellets. I used Cookinpellets.com Apple Mash Pellets.
- Chop up onions to the desired size.
- In a pot over medium heat, saute onions in butter.
- Stir in salt and sugar, and cook for 30 mins, mixing every 5 mins.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, beef and chicken broth, Worcestershire, thyme, and white wine. Mix well.
- Pop in the grill for 20 mins stirring occasionally.
- Remove the herbs from the soup.
- (optional) Grill the French bread on low racks of the grill
- Pour soup into bowls and top with bread and all cheeses.
- Let cool for 5 mins and then ENJOY!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment