Salpicon (Shredded Beef Tostadas)
This traditional Mexican Salpicon recipe is a delicious twist on taco night, and a way to spice up your beef brisket! This recipe makes the best Smoked Shredded Beef Tostadas!
- 3 pounds Beef Brisket Flat
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 Limes
- olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- dash oregano
- Beef Broth
- Apply cooking oil on both sides of brisket and season with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Add Cookinpellets 100% Hickory Pellets to your smoker and set temperature to 275 degrees Farenheit.
- Place brisket in smoker, and smoke for about 2 hours or until you get a nice mahogany color. Then remove from smoker and place in a pan.
- Add a bit of beef broth and cover tightly with foil. Place pan back in smoker.
- After 2 hours, check with a fork for tenderness. If the meat pulls apart with ease, it is done!
- Once done, remove from pellet grill and allow meat to cool. Once cooled enough to handle, shred smoked beef and set aside.
- While meat is cooling, slice one red onion and place it in a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of 3 limes. Add one teaspoon of salt, pepper, and a pinch of oregano. Mix and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the shredded beef with the sliced marinated onion from the previous step. Add the diced tomato and 1/4 bunch of chopped cilantro. Mix all together and add salt to taste if necessary.
- This dish is served cold in a tostada. Place beef vegetable mixture on a tostada, then top with Cojita cheese and your favorite hot sauce. We use Tapatio.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment