Perfect Pork Roast
Looking for the best basic pork roast recipe? This is our favorite preparation method for a dinner sized pork roast. Pork roast recipes don’t get any easier than this, and it turns out perfect every time!
- 2.5 pound Pork Roast
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Caribeque Pork Rub or to taste - we like a lot, you may like more or less
- About 2 hours before you want to eat, remove pork roast from refrigerator and rub the Caribeque Pork Rub all over your pork roast.
- Set grill to 250 degrees using our 100% Black Cherry Pellets. Insert digital thermometer into center of roast and place pork roast onto grill.
- Keep an eye on the thermometer rather than time, but pull roast around 145 degrees. This will take about two hours but temperature is more important than time
- Pull pork from grill (we pulled ours at 144 degrees and it was perfection!). Allow to rest a few minutes, then slice and serve!
100% Black Cherry Pellets are recommended for this recipe, but you can also use the lighter flavors of Apple Mash Pellets, or 100% Hickory if you want a really prominent smoke flavor.
If you haven't tried Caribeque seasonings, you can't go wrong with any of their rub flavors. This Pork Rub is incredible!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment